This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Manager – Payroll & Benefits Operations, the HR Operations Coordinator – (Payroll) will ensure that payroll is processed accurately and effectively. This role will also drive reconciliation and processing of 3rd party payments while providing support for escalated payroll questions and issues.
• Payroll is processed both accurately and timely for hourly and salary employees across Canada;
• Payroll is processed in compliance with provincial, federal legislations, collective agreements and company policies;
• 3rd party payments (e.g., payroll taxes, garnishments, union dues, etc.) are processed accurately; and
• Termination payments and other exceptional transactions are processed accurately and effectively for all stakeholders.
• Preparation, balancing & reconciling payroll data;
• Process earnings, deductions and tax withholdings applying company policy, collective agreements & tax compliance requirements;
• Calculate earnings such as retro pay, holiday pay, reimbursements from employees for overpayments, benefits, pensions, union dues, paid leaves, etc.;
• Review time records, checking for payroll accuracy and dealing with payroll related issues as they arise. In addition, process off cycle payments as required;
• Complete Payroll Partner transactions in Workday for payroll processing;
• Problem-solve to correct inaccurate payments and processing corrections;
• Provide support to employees and site managers;
• Reconciliation and processing of 3rd Party Payments (e.g., payroll taxes, garnishments, union dues, etc.);
• Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience performing all payroll functions;
• Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation through the Canadian Payroll Association;
• Comfortable processing and maintaining a high volume of material ensuring high level of accuracy through attention to detail;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential;
• Exceptional listening, problem solving and analytical skills;
• Outstanding customer service skills and dedication to providing exceptional customer care with a focus on quality customer service;
• Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, have a positive attitude, proactive approach, strong work ethic, work in a team setting;
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and discretion at- all-times;
• Experience with Workday and Kronos is an asset.
• Planning and organizational skills with proven ability to manage competing priorities with tight timelines;
Revera Core Competencies:
• Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
• Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
• Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
• Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
• Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
• Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
• Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.