Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Manager – Accounting Policy & Reporting, the Analyst – Accounting Policy & Reporting is responsible for ensuring that Revera’s financial statements are International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) compliant. This role will assist with interpreting and applying new IFRS requirements; proper documentation on all accounting policies and internal controls over financial reporting at Revera; and act as the primary liaison with the external auditors. Lastly, this role will assist with accounting for complex transactions and impairments/valuations.
• Annual audits are completed efficiently and by stated deadlines;
• Complex accounting transactions and annual impairment assessments are reflected accurately and timely in the quarterly/annual financial statements;
• Annual/quarterly financial statements are compliant with IFRS standards; and
• Strong internal controls over financial processes are documented and followed.
• Act as the primary liaison with external and internal auditors;
• Responsible for understanding and implementing new accounting standards and being the subject matter expert;
• Ensure proper documentation on existing financial accounting policies and internal controls over financial reporting;
• Assist in ensuring that Revera’s reporting is compliant with IFRS;
• Assist with preparation of fair value financial statements for parent company;
• Decipher complex accounting topics into a clear and simple context and document conclusions drawn in accounting memos;
• Assist in ensuring proper accounting for acquisition transactions and the related transaction costs, disposition transactions, properties held for sale assessment and impairment considerations;
• Assist with monthly financial reporting tasks;
• Assist in the annual report preparation including drafting note disclosures;
• Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
• Holds or is actively pursuing a CPA designation;
• 3+ years of related work experience
• Experience in application and interpretation of IFRS accounting standards (ASPE, US GAAP is a plus);
• Exposure to public company financial reporting;
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel with intermediate levels required in other MS Office applications;
• Strong knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting;
• Driven and focused on results;
• Strong organizational skills, detail orientated with proven capability to contribute to varied projects, strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
• Team player with the flexibility to support a variety of projects; and
• Experience in real estate, health care or asset management industry is considered an asset.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.