Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the VP of Investment Management, the Analyst - Investment Management is responsible for providing support to the Investment Management team. This would include working closely with the Manager - Investment Management and Associate - Investment Management on all aspects of investment processes.
- Execute investment management initiatives to support the company’s strategic plan;
- Effectively work with the team for successful investment process outcomes. Investment processes may include acquisitions, developments, strategic asset management decisions, financings, and divestitures;
- Efficiently build and manipulate financial models to support due diligence, and support investment decisions for acquisitions, developments, asset management, and divestitures;
- Track performance of assigned asset management region and properties, historical acquisitions and developments to underwriting;
- Understand assigned asset management portfolio in depth with an ability to speak to the entire P&L, including sub-market environments, operating challenges, marketing and sales strategies, capital programs, competencies, and challenges, and;
- Improve upon existing investment management templates and processes; and
- Collaborate with the Investment Management team and contribute to a positive team culture.
- Work with Investment Management team through the entire investment process for a successful outcome with the following expectations:
Build expertise on (a) accurate financial modeling focused on business decisions; (b) creation and implementation of data-based assumptions; (c) physical asset knowledge and judgment; (d) financing process and underwriting implications; (e) specific market knowledge; and (f) drawing conclusions from analyses and effective communication thereof.
Work with the Associate to build skillsets in broader market understanding, partner origination and management, financing process, comprehensive due diligence, legal documentation as it directly impacts the underwriting, closing processes both internal and external;
- Build and/or maintain financial models for each assigned asset management property, provide insights/identify trends from, determine longer term asset and portfolio strategies, effectively work with operators, ask questions to understand historical performance and risks to future performance, and effectively work with owners and capital partners to inspire confidence in Revera’s value as an investment manager;
- Deliver insightful analyses of market opportunities and drive valuation and strategic analyses of opportunities;
- Provide analytical support and coordinate activities with respect to conducting due diligence on various opportunities;
- Create and manage models that deliver key insights on industry developments and trends to support the sourcing and evaluation of strategic partnerships, investments, and strategic alternatives;
- Support RAM strategic and corporate initiatives, creating written communication materials and conducting analyses as required;
- Support in the research and/or analysis of ad-hoc requests;
- Build effective relationships with colleagues internally and with operators, capital partners, lenders and other industry stakeholders externally;
- Develop and maintain business relationships with counterparties in the marketplace;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- To complete other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration;
- 0-2 years of experience in investment management, corporate development, investment banking, private equity, accounting and/or consulting;
- Strong analytical skills, and fluency in performing financial, valuation and quantitative analyses in a partnership or M&A setting;
- Ability to formulate insights around complex business problems;
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office – particularly Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to interpret financial statements and financial information;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; able to articulately present and debate recommendations;
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, both internally and externally;
- Proficiency working within a large scale, regulated operations environment;
- High attention to detail, accuracy and presentation while delivering work in timely manner;
- Ability to research topics effectively; and
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills and ability to work independently.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.