Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Operations, the Regional Director of Operations is responsible for leading operations for all Long Term Care Homes within an assigned region. The incumbent will ensure high clinical and quality standards are maintained and all regulatory and financial responsibilities are met throughout the region. He/she will lead the regional leadership team through continuous improvement and operational excellence with the goal of establishing a high level of care for residents. The incumbent will demonstrate exceptional leadership skills to build a highly engaged workforce at all levels within the region. As Regional Director of Operations, he/she will establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- To contribute to the success of Homes within the assigned region through understanding and implementation of key strategic priorities as set forth by the Long Term Care leadership;
- To develop and lead a team of high performing Executive Directors and regional leadership team and ensure clinical and quality standards are met or exceeded in all Homes within the region;
- To partner and work collaboratively with all support functions (Human Resources, Labour Relations, IT, Capital Management, Technical Services and other), and promote a compliance driven environment in the region;
- To ensure optimal resident and family satisfaction levels are achieved;
- To drive a culture of accountability and drive performance through staff engagement and effective communication;
- To demonstrate financial leadership in management of funding and operational budget and, hold Executive Directors and regional leadership team to similar performance standards;
- To build and maintain good relationships with key external stakeholders such as regulators, municipal and other local or community health agencies;
- To uphold and model Revera's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- A passion for working with seniors
- Post-Secondary education in a related field such as Business or Healthcare
- Proven management experience in a highly regulated environment
- Management experience in LTC environment or in the field of gerontology will be considered as an asset
- Demonstrated financial acumen and strong experience of managing budgets
- Understanding of continuous quality improvement principles strongly preferred
- Ability to lead and build high performing teams
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to drive change and operational excellence
- Ability to travel
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.