Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
This is an 8 month contract.
Reporting to the Manager of Property Accounting, the Property Accountant will perform tasks of a general accounting nature with respect to balance sheet and income statement financial statement line items and ensure financial compliance with government funding regulations. As part of these tasks, the Property Accountant prepares specified journal entries, account reconciliations, and government reporting for the consolidated company and its partners. The Property Accountant ensures that the company’s accounting policies are being followed. The Property Accountant will support the team through various company transactions and other projects as required. The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-motivated and possess a high attention to detail while still being able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This position requires a team player who will be able to support their team towards the overall successful achievement of team goals.
- Achieve established timelines for accounting and reporting periods with accuracy and completeness for areas of responsibility;
- Support organizational needs for information with efficiency and effectiveness of delivery;
- Support government funding reporting requirements with efficiency of delivery
- Support organizational changes (capital structure, acquisitions, dispositions, Joint Ventures) in an effective and efficient manner;
- Comply with controls over accounting processes;
- Perform accurate accounting for general transactions as related to managed property operations;
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations as assigned for various financial consolidations and investigate and correct any discrepancies;
- Prepare government financial compliance reporting as assigned;
- Identify and, with manager support, work towards improvement initiatives in accounting and financial reporting in Property Accounting
- Support both internal and external audits for various financial consolidations in areas as assigned;
- Support on-boarding and training of new team members or task re-assignments;
- Uphold and promote the organizations values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- Complete other duties as assigned
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- 3+ years of relevant working experience;
- Post-secondary Accounting degree or diploma;
- CPA Accounting designation (or pursing) is desired but not required;
- Accounting experience with large-scale Enterprise Reporting systems, preference00 for Workday;
- Strong financial accounting background with experience in preparation of working papers;
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills;
- Advanced excel skills and ability to work with large volumes of data;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment;
- Detail-oriented individual who emphasizes accuracy;
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the organization;
- Strong personal integrity;
- Desire to learn more; and
- Team player who demonstrates a willingness to support their team on a daily basis.
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.