Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Housekeeper is responsible for the cleaning and sanitization of all Resident's apartment and common areas.
- To clean areas according to assigned schedules using appropriate cleaning and sanitation methods and procedures;
- To clean Resident's apartments and common areas, including furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents and windows;
- To operate floor care machines and steam cleaning equipment;
- To strip, scrub, spray, and buff all carpet and non-carpet floor surfaces;
- To pick up garbage and transport to designated areas;
- To adhere to established residence policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices;
- To prepare documentation as required according to residence policy;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the needs of the residents;
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to provide feedback on a day-to-day basis
- Knowledge and experience with standard institutional cleaning techniques
- Previous experience in commercial / residential/ Healthcare cleaning and laundry procedures is desirable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.