Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director of Health and Wellness (DHW) or Director of Care (DOC), the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible to provide direct resident care and medication administration and document care in compliance with regulatory and Revera Resident Health and Wellness standards and policies and procedures.
- To complete and ensure residents’ care assessments, service plans and documentation are up to date and changes communicated to DHW/DOC for billings;
- To assist with scheduling of residents’ care conferences and participate in conferences;
- To work closely with DHW/DOC to facilitate residents’ move in and transfers;
- To order and safe keep drugs and narcotics and administer in compliance with all regulatory requirements and Revera policies and procedures;
- To facilitate and provide resident/family education;
- To supervise resident self medication assessment and audits;
- To supervise and delegate care and medication administration responsibilities to Unregulated Care Providers in compliance with applicable regulations and Revera policy and procedures;
- To plan, coordinate, manage and evaluate the resident’s care plan working with the resident/substitute decision maker, physicians, nursing and interdisciplinary team and contracted service providers
- To coordinate nursing team’s resident care assignments to ensure efficient and timely delivery of services to residents;
- To respond to and manage significant changes in residents’ condition and or medical emergencies;
- To act as supervisor and coordinate emergency response in absence of DHW/DOC and Executive Directors;
- To respond to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken and or concern communicated to DHW/DOC/Executive Director and other departments;
- To assist the DHW/DOC in the coordination, implementation and monitoring of Infection Prevention and Control, Health and Safety and Clinical Programs and Quality Plans for the Nursing Department;
- To coordinate and supervise the scheduling and assignment of nursing students from approved education institutions;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in applicable Province/State
- Experience working with seniors and unregulated care providers
- Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills
- Must have demonstrated sound clinical knowledge and ability to delegate to unregulated care providers
- Must maintain competencies as per the governing College standards
- Skills in use of computer and Microsoft Office applications
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.