Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Manager of Reflections is responsible for managing the overall memory care program/unit at the Retirement Residence to provide exceptional care and service to the residents. The focus of this role is providing quality services to residents and families that are aligned with the Revera memory care philosophy. The successful candidate will ensure the needs and requirements of each individual resident are met and that all care and services provided for are billed and labor aligned.
- Meet or exceed memory care quality targets
- Maintain safe, quality care for all residents, achieving all internal and external quality metrics measured through internal and external audit measures
- Effectively manage labor and supplies/materials costs within budget
- Meet or exceed annual resident satisfaction targets supporting the overall residence and division goals
- Meet or exceed annual employee engagement score targets supporting the overall residence and division goals
- To support the completion of all resident assessments, develop service plans and arrange for regularly scheduled resident/family conferences
- To work closely with the Management team to optimize occupancy and revenue opportunities within the Memory Care unit.
- To schedule and adjust staffing levels to ensure consistency with the program guidelines, the residence’s occupancy levels, the acuity of the residents and the services being purchased.
- To manage revenues and labor costs in line with annual budgets; monitor labor metrics such as overtime and take corrective action as required.
- To direct the planning and delivery of services and programs, including emergency response to achieve excellent and safe care to the resident
- To direct and monitor the maintenance of communication records to ensure compliance with regulations and quality of service.
- To participate in Family Conferences, meet with the residents/families to plan and coordinate services and address any related concerns
- To hire, orient, train, supervise and evaluate the performance of staff up to and including the use of performance management practices where required. Responsible for their direct reports which will include nurse and resident attendant with dotted lines to housekeeping and dietary aides that support the Memory Care unit. (Note-nursing practices such as medication administration and regulatory compliances for their license will still be overseen by the Director of Health & Wellness or registered staff).
- To monitor and review staff performance and compliance with all residence policies and procedures, including safety, safe working practices and resident care protocols.
- To comply with all relevant Provincial and Federal Acts and Regulations.
- To assist the Executive Director with budget preparation for the Memory Care unit.
- To establish and maintain relationships with key external agencies and support network stakeholders to facilitate quality services to residents and families.
- To collaboratively work with the management team to implement quality and safety plans, and achieve standards for high resident and staff satisfaction
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct
- To complete all other duties as assigned
- Arrange the purchase of supplies and equipment required to provide efficient programming activities.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience with people with dementia and one (1) year of leadership experience, preferably in a retirement residence.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and ability to communicate the terms of residents’ contracts and services to front line staff
- Experience working in a unionized environment and managing under a collective agreement (where residence is unionized)
- Effective communication skills to respectfully and compassionately deal with employees, older adults and their families
- Recreation or Clinical background is recommended but not mandatory.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.