This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Manager of Recreation, the Recreation Coordinator assists in the planning, organization and implementation of meaningful programs for the residents in collaboration with the Recreation Manager and Executive Director.
- To assist in the planning, organization and implementation of meaningful programs for the facility residents in collaboration with the Recreation Manager and Executive Director;
- To assist with the maintenance of appropriate department records including assessments, evaluations of planned programs detailing anticipated individual participation and charting;
- To maintain effective communication and good relationships with residents, families, volunteers, and staff in other departments;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To attend in-service education in order to keep informed of current trends in the total care of the elderly;
- To participate in team meetings to plan programs with the resident's interests in mind;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To assist residents with care requirements (walkers / wheelchairs, etc.) while entering and exiting the Residence vehicle;
- To transport residents in the facility vehicle to various scheduled locations, outings and events;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- A community college recreation diploma preferred
- Previous experience working with seniors is considered an asset
- An energetic, compassionate person who enjoys working with the elderly
- Ability to demonstrate tact, empathy and patience by establishing and maintaining harmonious relationships with residents
- Must be able to communicate in written and verbal form and maintain an acceptable standard of behaviour and appearance
- Good computer skills are considered an asset
- Must possess a valid and applicable class of drivers license, with a clean driving record; ON - Class F ; MB AB BC -Class 4
- Will have proof of current, valid CPR and First Aid Certification
- Enjoys working closely with team members and has a strong desire to provide our residents with a better quality of life
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.