Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
To attract Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) to work in long-term care (LTC) homes with the greatest need across Ontario, the Community Commitment Program for Nurses (CCPN) provides a $10,000 incentive to eligible nurses in exchange for a 12-month commitment to Revera sites across Ontario. Revera is partnering with HealthForce Ontario for this exciting initiative.
To be eligible for the CCPN incentive, a Nurse must:
- Not have been employed as a nurse in Ontario in the six (6) months prior to being hired;
- Hold a Certificate of Registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in good standing from the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Begin employment no later than November 15, 2021;
- Commit to 12-months of employment at a full-time work schedule offered by the employer; and
- Not simultaneously receive funds from the Ministry of Health for the Tuition Support Program for Nurses.
- Complete an Expression of Interest form here: http://www.healthforceontario.ca/en/Home/All_Programs/Community_Commitment_Program_for_Nurses/CCPN_Nurse_EOI
Apply to this job posting for consideration by Revera
YOU make a difference
If you want to feel like you are making a difference every day, you've come to the right place. Our residents are unique and special, and so are our employees. By working in our homes, you can help create memorable experiences for our seniors.
Revera places health and safety as its top priority. We will provide all hires with appropriate training and we will actively screen all applicants for potential exposure to COVID-19. We encourage all employees and residents to practice the 3 W’s: wash your hands, wear your mask, and watch your distance. Additionally, staff and residents in our Long Term Care homes are prioritized to receive the COVID-19 vaccine which is optional for each individual.
Ready to make a difference in the lives of seniors? We’re looking for a Registered Practical Nurse to join our team of dedicated health professionals. Reporting to the Director of Care, you will play a key role in our patient-centred, goal-directed approach to care. From evaluating clinical care plans to administering medication and other treatment, your role is as important as it is fulfilling.
A typical day might include:
- Fostering relationships with residents and families to ensure plan of care is resident focused and carried out;
- Evaluating a resident’s plan of care, ensuring the assessment is up to date and accurately documented;
- Processing and administering medication in accordance with regulatory requirements;
- Collaborating with and advising Personal Support Workers and staff on best practices related to the delivery of our health-care programs and policies;
- Supporting the arrival, transfer or departure of residents;
- Responding to emerging health conditions and medical emergencies, including the delivery of first-aid care.
What YOU bring
To be eligible for the CCPN incentive, a Nurse must:
- Experience working with seniors and alongside Personal Support Workers, as well as education tied to gerontology, rehabilitation and long term care
- Current basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification
- Proficient assessment, documentation and communication skills
- Proficiency with technology including: Electronic Health Records, Electronic Medication Administration Records, Online Applications
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Check (VSC)
What we offer
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Excellent work/life balance
- Vision to support Person-Centered Care
Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people. Apply today!
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.