This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director of Care or Director of Health and Wellness, the Scheduling or Staffing Clerk is responsible for a variety of clerical / administrative functions, focusing on the timely creation and maintenance of staffing schedules.
- To prepare, post and maintain the daily nursing schedule, including making calls to staff;
- To provide back-up to Office Staff by answering incoming telephone calls, take and relay messages;
- To greet visitors and directs them as appropriate;
- To perform filing assignments for the Director of Care or Director of Health and Wellness;
- To input changes to the staff schedules daily and present them to Director of Care or Director of Health and Wellness for approval;
- To perform various clerical duties and prepare reports as required;
- To maintain or assist in maintenance of resident records and files;
- To ensure resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted;
- To prepare and post the Nursing Department schedules as per contracts;
- To contact staff for available shifts;
- To answer absentee calls, identify replacement staff, and track and record all occurrences;
- To interact with agencies, & maintain statistics of staff replacement;
- To prepare daily assignment sheets and record daily nursing hours;
- To maintain records of hirings, terminations, leave of absences, term positions, etc;
- To maintain a current & detailed list of seniority/staff preferences for assignments;
- To prepare and post schedules with sufficient time for staff to view as per applicable contract;
- To post vacant positions;
- To award positions for Nursing department according to contract, in conjunction with Director of Care or Director of Health and Wellness;
- To interpret collective agreement for clarification purposes;
- To maintain record of Resident Census Change/Transfer;
- To collect and submit monthly Transportation costs for Office manager to submit for payment;
- To prepare Health Record for new admissions;
- To complete Admission/Separation forms for submission to appropriate party;
- To act as PHIA Privacy Officer in conjunction with the Social Worker;
- To promote a culture of safety in the work environment by adhering to the Workplace Safety and Health Program;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Health Care Aide certificate
- Basic clerical/administrative skills
- Pleasant telephone manner with strong customer service skills
- Demonstration of tact, diplomacy and confidentiality
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft office suite of applications
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.