Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Join us as a values driven leader to oversee and manage the culinary and administrative services departments. With your culinary and administrative professionalism we can partner to deliver the best in class experience to our residents. With your guidance and management, we can offer outstanding service and diverse, flexible menus made with high quality fresh ingredients and appetizing presentation. Our goal is to exceed our resident's expectations!
In this role you will be focused on:
- Ensuring Resident & Employee Safety
- Engaging with residents and employees to consistently achieve high results
- Hiring & training a team of superstar culinary and serving experts!
- Living our values and ensuring others on your team do to
- Maintaining Food & Labour costs
- Ensuring compliance of regulatory and internal standards
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment and processing
- Overseeing and managing scheduling and payroll systems
What You Will Do:
Collaborate - Work with the Executive Director, National Culinary Manager and residents to implement the culinary vision and program objectives.
Manage - Effectively manage a team of people, department financials and resident satisfaction.
Roll-up your sleeves - Take a hands-on approach to leading, mentoring, and filling in as required to support both the culinary and dining staff.
Comply - Maintaining food quality in compliance with regulations company policies and culinary standards.
Cultivate - Build and maintain strong relationships with the community residents, employees, and managers along with the regional support team and vendor partners.
Create - Elevate and deliver "Best In Class" dining experience using your creative culinary expertise.
What You Bring:
- Community College Food Services Supervisor Course or Equivalent
- Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Valid Food Safety/Food Handler's Certification
-Smart Serve Certification
- Passion for Customer Service and Resident Interaction
- Union Management Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an administrative environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of and experience working with Workday; Kronos and Yardi operating systems considered an asset
- Values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better!
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.