Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the VP of Property Development, the Construction Project Manager will facilitate the construction of new Retirement Living and Long-Term Care homes across Canada. The Construction Manager has responsibility for pre-construction, monthly progress draw reviews, construction safety, scheduling, staffing and closeout of assigned projects.
- Contracts are competitively tendered to prequalified vendors and presented forward for award;
- Construction project budgets and timelines are rigorously managed;
- Change Orders, RFIs, shop drawings are scrutinized, tracked and followed up on in a timely fashion;
- Communications are consistently provided to internal and external stakeholders; and
- Customer satisfaction – through a customer-service mindset, the role requires coordination with internal subject matter experts
- Establish a safety-first culture for all construction projects;
- Review drawings, specifications and other construction documents for constructability, site access and recommend changes to maximize the ultimate success of the project;
- Chair preconstruction meetings and regular construction progress meetings;
- Resolve unforeseen site conditions, unplanned interferences, contract discrepancies and other construction conflict problems and disputes between contractors, site staff, and inspectors;
- Monitor construction progress and costs and take corrective action as required to manage both schedule and budget;
- Provide continuous coordination between all stakeholders;
- Administer the change order and allowance process, review requests for schedule or cost adjustment and negotiate changes to the contract and prepare change order documents for approval;
- Evaluate, approve, and process the contractors request for payment;
- Maintain/manage project documentation files with assistance from the support office;
- Perform regular site visits to observe construction work in progress;
- Provide guidance and direction as needed to the on-site construction staff;
- Respond to questions and concerns as well as ensure that all complaints from stakeholders are handled promptly and properly;
- Manage the project close out phase including certificate of substantial completion, receipt of as-builts, warrantees and manuals;
- Use word processing, spreadsheet, database and scheduling software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, schedule and other documents related to the project;
- Provide customer service to the internal Revera stakeholder operations team to coordinate for the operationalization of the completed building;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction management, engineering or related field, desired but not required;
- PMP considered an asset;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the construction industry;
- Must be comfortable in both professional office and field work environments;
- Proficient in MS Word / Excel / Outlook and project scheduling tools;
- Possess an extensive understanding of construction standards and practices;
- Skill in construction document handling and administration;
- Skill in organizing and managing cost estimating, bidding and scheduling procedures;
- Skill in documenting and assessing field conditions, RFI’s and change orders;
- Ability to track and manage job costs; and
- Able to create and aggressively manage construction schedules with assistance from Property Development Managers.
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.