Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with administrative policies, physicians' orders, established standards and nursing principles and Nursing Home Act requirements.
- Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights and endeavours to respect and promote it. Ensures resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted.
- Works in co-operation with Dietary Department to ensure that the nutritional needs and expectations of residents are met.
- Ensures that Care Conferences are scheduled and documented in order to enhance the Interdisciplinary approach to resident care.
- Ensures that Initial/Ongoing Assessments and Care Plans are developed, implemented and reviewed.
- Assists with the recruiting/hiring and termination of Nursing personnel in consultation with the Director of Nursing.
- Assigns, supervises, disciplines Nursing personnel.
- Schedules and replaces staff for all Departments in absence of designated Department Head.
- Ensures that Registered personnel comply with the administration of medication, legislative and Company mandates.
- Co-ordinates in-house pharmaceutical inventory control and distribution procedures so the Registered personnel have adequate supplies to meet the resident are prescribed needs.
- Initiates and co-ordinates the residentsï¿½ admission procedure. Participates in the admissions, discharges and transfers of residents to/from assigned Units.
- Investigates resident and family concerns on behalf of the Company in strictest confidence.
- Ensures resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted.
- Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights/Governing Principles and endeavors to promote it.
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in Geriatrics, Rehabilitation and Long Term Nursing at the supervisory level
- A Registered Nurse with a current license from the applicable Provincial licensing body. Demonstrated leadership ability with comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care
- A diploma in Gerontology, Nursing Unit Administration, Management courses or equivalent an asset
- Seeks out opportunities to maintain competency and continued learning
- Maturity and good physical and mental health, empathy, patience and tact are important qualities to possess
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.