Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Night Attendant is a professional that ensures a positive overall impression of the residence community as well as providing the necessary service of ensuring clean and comfortable environment for resident. Therefore, it is essential that Night Attendants be highly thorough and professional in completing their duties.
The Night Attendant positively represents the residence through the nightly cleaning of assigned duties as per the established standards of cleanliness and through interaction with management.
Reports to the Director of Environmental Services and Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- BATHROOMS (4 public and 2 staff) - Wash Toilets, floors, Sinks and empty garbage's, stock toilet paper, paper towels, soap dispensers and kleenex, check air fresheners that they are working, clean fans vents
- STAFF ROOM - Sweep and wash floors, wipe tables/chairs and vents, Do a thorough cleaning of the staff room
- LOBBY AND BINING ROOM - Vacuum dining room (if not done by evening duty manager), Sweep & wash all floor tiles and vacuum all mats and carpets, Wipe table Bases (dining rm & second floor), Wipe piano & stool with a very damp clean cloth, Wash track on front door, Wipe all window ledges, Clean pillars, Dust all furniture,
- ELEVATORS- Vacuum and wash floors, tracks and walls, wipe front of doors with cleaning chemical
- OFFICE - Vacuum office, Dust, Empty garbage's
- COFFEE BAR ON 2nd AND ACITVITY AREA- Vacuum both sides and sweep and wash tile, Clean tables and chairs, wash bases and chair legs, Clean coffee bard sink and counter, fill machine, collect dirty dishes, wipe fridge, empty all garbage's, Dust all window ledges and furniture
- KITCHEN IN AM - Fill juices such as: orange, prune, apple .. etc., Set up carts for morning servers – serials, Fill coffee pots and hot water, Put water jugs, creamers, butter etc. on the tables, pour tea, coffee, juices as residents come for breakfast, Completed dining room census checklist
- LAUNDRY - Wash all uniforms if not done during the day laundry shift, keep laundry room and change room clean (wash floors, keep shelves tidy etc), Any laundry not finished by the day laundry will have to be finish on nights
- ADDITIONAL DUTIES – Check all resident laundry rooms nightly to ensure irons, lights, etc are off and that they are tidy. Was floor if needed. Check hallways twice during the night to ensure no one is wondering. Refer to checklist for special weekly cleaning duties that are to be done on the specified day of the week in addition to the nightly cleaning
Any other jobs as assigned by management
Skills and Abilities
- Keyboarding (Words Per Minute)
- 0 - 40 wpm
- Work Setting
- Public sector
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Bending, crouching, kneeling, walking, combination of sitting, standing, walking, fast- paced environment
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check (abstract)
- Specific Skills
- Provide general information to clients and the public
- Essential Skills
- Computer use, finding information, Job task planning and organizing, Critical thinking, Decision making, Problem solving, working with others, Oral communication, Writing, Document use and Reading text
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.