This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Clerk will provide clerical support to the Nursing Department in the capacity of Resident information systems and relevant staffing functions.
- Maintains the master schedule for the Nursing Department and all associated responsibilities for replacement of staff;
- Works directly with Charge Nurses and Director of Care/Associate Director of Care to provide adequate nursing staff for the home as predicted by the needs;
- Under the direction of the Director of Care or the Associate Director of Care, will prepare and post the nursing schedule and will be responsible for the maintenance of the schedule daily (includes telephoning staff), ensuring provision of availability submissions on a monthly basis;
- Enters daily changes in the electronic version of the schedule and ensures that the Kronos payroll system is in line with the schedule;
- Maintains contact with external agencies and partners to provide appropriate and adequate staffing levels in the home;
- Maintains files and documentation in support of the payroll and schedule systems;
- Maintains copies of all the weekly orders of supplies and maintains appropriate records to be submitted weekly to the Director of Care;
- Provides administrative / clerical support to the Nursing Department and associated department meetings;
- Updates information lists and coordinates communication and systems related to nursing, residents and families;
- Establishes directories and systems for managing data maintained within the shared drive related to staffing, scheduling, job descriptions and associated databases;
- Maintains confidentiality of all information;
- Keeps current on best practices through technical journals, in-services, workshops and seminars;
- Project work and other related duties as assigned by the Director of Care;
- Attend and participate in monthly nursing staff meetings to address issues of staffing and scheduling;
- Maintain policy and procedure manuals for the departments;
- Ensure new HIN applications are submitted for Compliance approval and filing the approved / declined applications;
- Set up and maintain database and spreadsheets for Nursing and Quality Indicators in collaboration with, but not limited to: Infection Control, Wound Care, Director of Care, Associate Director of Care, and all other departments in relation to nursing data;
- Organizing and booking of all in-services, meetings, training and education sessions;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Previous demonstrated experience in an Administrative position
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm
- Computer literacy is required, with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with knowledge of database programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have a working knowledge of payroll manual or electronic programs, preferably Empath and Kronos and electronic scheduling
- Highly effective interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution and critical thinking skills
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.