Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the Associate Director of Care in collaboration with the Director of Care, is responsible for developing the philosophy of nursing, statement of purpose for nursing services, goals and objectives, policies and procedures and the description of nursing functions.
THE OPPORTUNITY - 18 months
In collaboration with the Director of Care:
- To collaborate with the Executive Director to select, orient and monitor the performance of departmental and program managers;
- To plan, direct , develop, co-ordinate, implement and evaluate resident care services;
- To align resident care services with the defined needs of the internal and external community;
- To oversee the financial and human resource management aspects of the Nursing department;
- To maintain the nursing department in accordance with legislative and professional standards;
- To maintain a liaison with hospital, medical staff, community and health care related disciplines and partner to ensure the most effective provision of care delivery in the home;
- To hire, direct, supervise, evaluate, promote or terminate care staff;
- To ensure quality care and a safe, effective and efficient work environment;
- To ensure the availability and maintenance of Nursing Department supplies and equipment to meet the departmental needs in a fiscally responsible manner;
- To discuss and collaborate with the Director of Care on issues relating to Infection Control and co-ordinate associated monitoring activities within the home;
- To assume responsibilities of the Director of Care as required in their absence;
- To be knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights/Governing Principles and endeavor to promote it;
- To ensure resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working as a Registered Nurse in the long-term care sector
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working as a Registered Nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the applicable Provincial licensing body is required
- Bachelor or Master of Nursing preferred
- Current CPR designation is required
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Professional competencies related to life-long learning, public relations and health environment awareness
- Possession of strong motivational, team building and time management skills
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.