This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Advisor's primary responsibility is to support site managers and support office employees with all accounts payable processes, capital vouchers and employee expense related issues and payments, proactively identify opportunities to improve, develop and maintain procedures for payable processes.
- To oversee the accounts payable processes completed at the residences using Workday;
- To provide support to sites remotely with: coding invoices, completing the new online vendor form, completing petty cash replenishments, clearing exception invoices, creating receipts.
- To answer vendor payment questions, to void and reissue cheques as requested;
-Timely and accurate processing of accounts payable related activities
-Review and process invoices accurately in Ascend
-Review and resolve all Cherwell tickets assigned
-Provide training to sites as needed, and in monthly training sessions
-Review and process capital invoices
-Maintain the capital inbox and respond to all inquiries received
-Collaborate with capital management and capital accounting teams to ensure invoices are processed accurately and timely
- To conduct reviews of petty cash replenishments and monitor accuracy and completeness of payables and compliance to corporate policies;
- To proactively identify opportunities to improve payable processes;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage relationships with all customers internally and externally;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1-2 years of accounts payable experience working in a complex computerized environment
- Post secondary education with a focus on Business
- Experience using JD Edwards is considered an asset but not required
- Highly organized and detail oriented with multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office 365
- Experience in a mid-to-large company preferred
- Strong communication skills: verbal and written
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.