This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Registered Dietitian (RD) is responsible for providing resident nutrition/hydration care and documenting nutrition/hydration care in compliance with regulatory standards and Revera's policies and procedures.
THE OPPORTUNITY - 12 MONTHS
- To assess nutrition status for all residents on admission, annually and whenever there is a significant change in status;
- To determine each resident's level of nutrition and hydration risk in order to prescribe/recommend needed interventions and follow-up care;
- To develop a nutrition plan of care for each newly admitted resident;
- To evaluate and modify, as needed, the nutrition plan of care for residents being followed by the RD, on an ongoing basis;
- To document resident nutrition care for residents followed by the RD;
- To provide nutrition/dietary counseling/education for residents and/or their caregivers, family members or substitute decision makers for the purpose of supporting optimum resident nutrition care;
- To monitor residents at high nutrition risk and those at moderate nutrition risk who are considered by the RD to require ongoing RD monitoring”, and to ensure that all other residents (those at low risk and those at moderate risk who are considered stable by the RD), and delegated to the Nutrition Manager are monitored;
- To participate as a member of the interdisciplinary resident care team at resident care conferences, as scheduling allows;
- To participate on other appropriate interdisciplinary committees such as the Pharmacy & Therapeutics, Resident Care/Professional Advisory and Ethics;
- To participate as a key member of the home's Care Teams, such as Skin/Wound Care, Bowel Management and Dysphagia Management teams;
- To coordinate continuous quality improvement of the home's nutrition and hydration care and food services and dining in collaboration with the NM;
- To provide nutrition/dietary in-service education for Dietary and Nursing staff and other interdisciplinary team members as required;
- To review and approve the home's seasonal menus, including those for therapeutic and texture modified diets and snack menus;
- To approve the home's menus;
- To oversee the Restorative Feeding, Dining Program and the Enteral Nutrition Program;
- To collaborate with the Nutrition Manager and advise Administration on Resident nutrition care, considering resident's language, religious, culture and nutrient needs;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- University degree in area of Food and Nutrition from an approved university
- 1-2 years of experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset
- Current registration in the applicable province's regulatory College of Dietitians
- Membership in Dietitians of Canada and the Gerontology Network
- Must be knowledgeable of Provincial Food Premises Regulation, CCHSA Accreditation Canada, Provincial/Health Authority regulatory requirements, and Residents' Bill of Rights
- Must possess strong written and oral communication, critical thinking, care coordination, time management and customer focus skills
- Must have proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and Synergy (Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), Point Click Care/POC/eMAR
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.