This job posting is no longer active.
Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services or Dietary Manager, the Cook is responsible for preparation and delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees.
- To prepare and/or be responsible for the preparation/delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees;
- To review menus and production sheets before preparing meals and prepare and serve them properly and attractively;
- To ensure use of proper food handling techniques;
- To complete daily temperature audits for fridge, freezers and storerooms and record findings on daily audit form;
- To prepare and serve foods for therapeutic /speciality diets according to planned menus;
- To make menu substitutions as necessary and record these in designated place;
- To adhere to time schedules for service of meals and nourishments;
- To follow daily production charts, standardized recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget;
- To comply with all provincial/municipal regulations and established dietary department policies and procedures;
- To participate actively in planning/preparing special occasion and theme meal days;
- To attend department and facility staff meetings, in-services and other necessary training sessions;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures;
- To work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- To complete other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a Food Handler's Certificate
- Red Seal Certificate preferred
- Must have experience in large quantity food preparation, preferably in a healthcare or retirement setting
- Must be knowledgeable of the Provincial Food Premises Regulation and Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- Must have knowledge of and experience with special and therapeutic diets
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.