This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Dietary Supervisor effectively applies Revera’s person centered care philosophy with overall responsibility for the food services of a site from ordering, preparation and delivery of all meals and nourishment to the residents. Following organizational guiding principles along with the provincial and long term care regulations, the Dietary Manager provides leadership and support to the food service team to ensure a streamlined pleasurable dining experience for residents.
• Reports to the Dietary Manager
• Prepare and/or supervise the preparation and service of all meals and nourishments following specified menus and standardized recipes
• Consult with Registered Dietitian and create specialized menus/allergy menus
• Assist the Administrator/Executive Director to ensure that the facility-wide inter-disciplinary Quality Assurance CQI Program is implemented & ongoing as well as risk management programs
• Purchase, receive, store, and control departmental supplies which may include inventory controls
• Implement seasonal and ethnic menus as required
• Ensure compliance with all provincial/long term care regulations and established Revera requirements
• Assist in Union matters related to grievance procedures, labour management relations, and contract negotiations
• Recruit, orient, supervise, delegate tasks, and evaluate the performance of the dietary staff
• Support interdisciplinary team in development / evaluation of resident care plans;
• Monitor and document resident’s nutritional status, and council residents or family members as necessary on therapeutic diets and modified textures
• Maintain operational records as required. (i.e.: menus, production charts, food and refrigeration temperatures)
• Chair the Resident's Dining Committee/Resident’s Food Council meetings and ensure satisfaction with meals; engage Activation Manager / Residents on these needs
• Work co-operatively with the health care team in preparation for accreditation;
• Work with and respond to Regulatory bodies/ Public Health
• Know & promote Resident Bill of Rights Governing Principles
• Ensure proper usage, maintenance and supply of all kitchen related equipment
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
• Minimum (2) year community college Food Services Supervisor course or equivalent
• Valid Food Safety/Food Handler’s Certification
• Member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management or a Registered Dietitian
• Minimum of three (3) years of relevant dietary experience and one (1) year of leadership experience, preferably in long term care
• Red Seal designation or equivalent considered an asset
• Knowledge of Provincial Food Premises Regulation, CCHSA Accreditation Canada, Health & Safety Act and Long Term Care Act
• Knowledge of nutritional needs for long term care residents including therapeutic, texture modified and ethnic diets
• Valid Vulnerable Sector Search (within 6 months)
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.