Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
- The Co-Op Financial Analyst (Business Performance & Analysis) supports centralized financial and business reporting, creation and analysis of operational performance management tools, financial consolidation, proactive guidance and insight to improve financial performance and mitigate risk
- This role supports the Revera’s Managed Retirement Division
- Performance management tools that enable improved financial and business performance and/or reduced risk
- Management reporting, variance analysis and counsel on go-forward opportunities to capitalize on
- Value-added insight to identify blind spots and/or improved prioritization of resourcing
- Event-driven and ad-hoc analysis to identify and rationalize trends
- Improved business casing and allocation of operational resources
- Consolidating processes centrally, enabling capacity to be created for BP&A managers
- Provide pro-active guidance and support to Operations and BP&A Managers on customer analysis, leveraging internal and external data (includes pricing, occupancy, etc.);
- Provide centralized guidance support to Operations and BP&A Managers on expense management, including variance reporting and year-to-go course correction counsel and guidance;
- Develop, maintain and release division-wide, as well as residence specific, reports on a regular basis (i.e., regional reports, occupancy reports, etc.)
- Create, monitor and update financial models and business cases by extracting data from multiple sources (internal and external) and be able to present in a value-added form to calculate current and projected 5-year performance;
- Participate proactively in maintaining and developing standards, tools, and best practices in support of delivering Operational business plans, including P&L and CapEx;
- Monitor asset performance, occupancy levels, rental rates, and NOI operating results vs. budget and vs. business plan for residences, as applicable, and follow up on major variances;
- Develop, maintain and release analytical reports to aid senior management;
- Perform Subject Matter Expert function on special projects, as assigned by Director, Planning & Operations Support;
- Complete all other tasks and strategic initiatives as assigned by Director, Planning & Operations Support;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Pursuit of University degree, Business or Finance preferred;
- Focus toward CPA and/or MBA future path;
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel to support modeling and analysis;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to apply logic and reasoning to analyze complex financial problems and to provide solutions or recommendations;
- Highly proactive and motivated to succeed;
- Team player with an ability to interface effectively across all levels of the organization
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost effective results
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.