Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Revenue Cycle Analyst reports to the Manager, Revenue Cycle. His/her primary objectives are to prepare account reconciliations, prepare accounts receivable journal entries, maintain the retirement billing system (primarily the Administrative module in Resident Handling in Yardi), and answer all audit inquiries.
- Financial data from subledger (Yardi) is accurately uploaded to Revera’s ERP (Workday) monthly
- Subledger front-end configuration is maintained to support successful day-to-day operations
- Account reconciliations completed per schedule with all variances accounted for
- Prepare regular management reporting.
- Analyze the accounts receivable day-to-day activities.
- Oversee and coordinate resident trust audit requirements with Revera external auditors and accounts receivable advisors.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve revenue cycle processes.
- Prepare and complete Support Office deposits.
- Prepare monthly journal entry upload from Yardi to Workday (Revera’s ERP).
- Reconcile accounts receivable to Workday.
- Prepare various monthly accounting entries such as allowance for doubtful accounts (AFDA), security deposit interest calculations, and accounting for negative accounts receivable.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations and follow up with other internal teams as required.
- Preparation of monthly reports for Operational leads.
- Review and follow up on outstanding bank reconciliation items.
- Liaison with Yardi development requests and issue resolution.
- Maintain the front-end configuration of the Administrative module in Resident Handling in Yardi to ensure it accurately reflects how Revera operates.
- Maintain rate schedules so that annual rate changes are appropriately rolled out and communicated as per guidelines set by the governing body in each province.
- Oversee preparation of annual tax receipts for residents (i.e. T5, rent, disability).
- Review, create, and submit the EFT files to the bank for processing.
- Maintain the rent roll in Yardi
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a high-volume accounting environment required.
- Business Administration degree or diploma.
- Proficiency in MS Office products with advanced working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience using Workday or Yardi is considered an asset.
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.