This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Regional Manager – Capital Management & Technical Services
Reporting to the Director, Technical Services, the Regional Manager - Capital Management and Technical Services (CMTS) will be responsible for various aspects of technical projects, renovations and expansions. This role will direct the design, development, estimating, tendering and contract management of multiple projects in conjunction with consultants and third-party engineers. In addition, this role will support the effective and efficient maintenance of the residences within their assigned region.
- Develop property level structural capital budgets;
- Direct various project consultants and manage contractors, to insure the complete and thorough coordination, supervision, and quality control for all Capital Projects;
- Provide regular reporting to Director of Capital Management and Technical Services on the status of all Capital Projects and Building Condition Status (Risk and Non-Compliance as it relates to CMTS);
- Oversee the preparation and approval of construction schedules and establish procedures for controlling and reporting costs for all phases of these projects;
- In consultation with Operations, Executive Directors and Asset Management, assist in the development and implementation of Annual Structural Capital Budgets;
- Monitor building system maintenance practices and provide feedback to Operations. Assist in the implementation of changes to procedures and processes to gain efficiencies, reduce maintenance costs and reduce risk;
- Provide technical support and assistance to resolve emergency situations;
- Assist with the commissioning and testing of new installation, and provide the necessary education and orientation for the staff on new systems;
- Complete random audits of in-room renovations and refreshes commissioned by Operations for deficiencies or deviation from the scope of work or Revera Standards;
- Perform on-site Building Audits and prepare recommendations and actions plans in conjunction with Operations Management;
- Foster a supportive regional network to synergize Facility Maintenance efforts;
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- perform administrative duties to initiate, update and complete capital projects within Revera’s management software.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- - Journeyman Trades Certificate an asset
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in construction Building management, project management, or Facility management and development
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and field drawings
- Solid understanding of all construction trades and techniques
- Familiar with WSIB legislation, Health and Safety, Building and Fire Codes
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities, in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Project
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel extensively within area of responsibility
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.