This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for handling the day to day administrative functions, while providing a positive, professional company image with all internal and external contacts, maintaining confidentiality, discretion, tact, diplomacy and flexibility in their daily work routine.
- To demonstrate initiative, within pre-determined guidelines, in handling day-to-day administrative functions;
- To respond to and screen calls/emails /visitors promptly and handle appropriately;
- To schedule /coordinate all appointments and meetings;
- To coordinate travel arrangements for Management; including flights, hotel & car reservations & prepare an itinerary for the Executive;
- To prepare presentation materials, or statistical reports and distribute as required;
- To maintain and process expense accounts for the executives;
- To develop & maintain a well organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information ;
- To attend meetings and take minutes as appropriate, including room set up and clean up at the end of the meeting;
- To conduct research and compile data as required;
- To prepare and/or edit internal and external letters, memos and emails;
- To continually expand and update professional knowledge;
- To work collaboratively as part of the Administrative Professionals team, taking an active & participatory role in the Administrative forum;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Business Administration degree or diploma
- Completion of Business/ Admin courses and 3-5 years comprehensive general office experience
- Must be proactive, self-disciplined and able to demonstrate a high level of productivity
- Highly organized and detail oriented; able to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills, written & verbal
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize work and workflow
- Must present a professional and polished image at all times; exhibiting a friendly and personable approach
- Extremely customer focused, always delivering exceptional service
- High degree of interpersonal skills, with ability to deal successfully with both internal and external clients
- Ability to deal with matters of a confidential and sensitive nature, exercising good judgment at all times
- Must exhibit flexibility and adaptability to change
- Exceptional Microsoft computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Flexibility in working hours to meet Management and clients needs
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.