Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Regional Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery and sustainability of Programs, Training & Development and Quality within the Long Term Care homes, as well as the implementation and sharing of policies/programs to ensure the highest standard is met as it pertains to Revera’s policies and practices, and those set by the applicable legislation.
- Outstanding Family and Resident Satisfaction
- Highly competent and high functioning Home Leadership Teams
- Established culture of compliance and continuous improvement by monitoring and improving quality of care provided to the residents in the Long Term Care homes
- Exceptional Quality and compliance indicators
Training and Education
- To support the professional practice of the Home Leadership Teams as applicable;
- To educate, orientate, coach, mentor and support Long Term Care homes' frontline teams through consultation with the Home leadership teams and the Regional Director Operation(s) as applicable;
- To consistently deliver education with Revera programs/initiatives/policies & procedures;
- To assist in the implementation of new programs & in the revision and update of programs;
- To provide innovative suggestions to assist with the overall implementation of new concepts in order to minimize the potential negative perception of change;
- To orient, coach & mentor new managers/leaders; provide professional consultation to said leaders for their orientation, mentoring, and coaching for all roles;
- To promote compliance with regulatory requirements and Revera standards;
- To ensure that appropriate security levels and access authorities are in place and maintained in accordance with policies, practices and standards;
- To ensure regional/home involvement with, and representation on, applicable regulatory committees;
- To ensure follow-up of high-risk issues;
- To support homes in meeting regulatory requirements;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI)
- To ensure the effective operation and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) of the homes;
- To ensure CQI & Accreditation programs are managed in accordance with Revera’s standards, policies & practices, and in compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements;
- To effectively represent the interests of the organization in all interactions with major external stakeholders;
- To facilitate quality improvement framework through program review, audits, data analysis;
- To monitor, analyze performance indicators and adverse events;
- To augment a culture of innovative and thinking generating ideas with the goal of improving practices;
- To conduct quality review based on outcomes as directed by Regional Director Operations;
- To ensure continued adherence to accreditation requirements;
- To coordinate and initiate research, abstracts, conference submissions within designated region, in conjunction with Regional Director Operations and National Directors;
- To liaise with regional representatives of national contracts;
- To demonstrate ability to be flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the business, including requirement for travel on short notice;
- To participate in the on-call rotation as directed by the Regional Director of Operations;
- To complete all other duties as assigned;
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Minimum five (5) years combined experience in a Long Term Care setting at the senior management level
- Familiar with using data to drive decisions and skilled in translating policies into direct practice
- Experience in gerontology/continuous quality improvement/research/adult learning/change management
- Strong knowledge of RAI-MDS; previous experience in teaching RAI process highly preferred
- Ability to facilitate learning for others
- Demonstrates strong leadership, oral and written communication and interpersonal skill
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office applications)
- Ability to reason, think analytically and conceptually prior to taking decisive action
- Able to travel as required and in possession of a valid driver’s license
- Registered Nurse with current registration with the Provincial licensing body
- RN/BScN with continuing education in gerontology, nursing administration, rehabilitation, long term care or equivalent
- Masters’ degree preferred
- Current CPR certification
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.