Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director, Risk Management, the Risk Analyst will support Revera’s success through reduction of risk and costs through the management of property and third-party claims. This role will use obtained loss information to ensure proper ongoing risk mitigation across the portfolio. In addition, the successful candidate will also support the VP, Enterprise Risk Management, and Director, Risk Management by performing detailed analysis, including presentations and charts with the expectation to present recommendations based on the analysis.
- Reduce/contain costs by effectively managing claims;
- Reduce costs by decreasing claim costs utilizing third party insurance;
- Create efficiency at the Homes/Residences by removing claim management from their assigned duties;
- Reduce/manage risk; and
- Uses results of analysis to drive change.
- Manage Property Claims:
- Provide support and advice to the homes/residences on appropriate risk mitigation and steps to take throughout a property loss;
- Monitor and track all property insurance related claims;
- Provide data to insurance adjusters and management as required;
- Communicate with Operations and Accounting on projected losses, and relevant accounting; and
- Manage, track and ensure payment of all invoices, including proper accruals.
- Manage Tenant Insurance Program and Subrogation Claims:
- Manage the annual renewal process of tenant insurance;
- Track and trend utilization;
- Adjust program annually to drive increased participation; and
- Manage all third-party claims, including insurer notification, adjuster coordination, depreciation negotiations, and final settlement resolution.
- Manage Property Insurer Inspection Process:
- Coordinate inspections at homes;
- Ensure homes are prepared and have all information required;
- Follow up on items from inspections;
- Aggregate data and analyze information;
- Analyze and utilize data to increase safety at the homes;
- Work with Capital Management and Technical Services to ensure capital is available to address issues raised by insurer; and
- Ensure there is a capital budget to address recurring matters.
- Assist with risk identification and mitigation projects, with a view to containing insurance and claim related costs;
- Manage the MyRevera Risk Management site;
- Analyze insurance and non-insurance related claims for trends, increases in risk exposure, and make recommendations to reduce risk;
- Provide support to the transactions group during the due diligence period for potential acquisitions and properties under contract;
- Manage Loss Prevention information for home/residence utilization;
- Compile information for annual insurance renewals;
- Maintenance of checklists and insurance policies;
- Utilize Workday for invoice payment, and running financial reports;
- Manage the Certificate of Insurance process- both incoming and outgoing;
- Track Hot Issues;
- Manage the policy renewal process for the department;
- Assist the VP, ERM with updating the Risk Management Framework;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- To complete other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- University education, up to five years work related experience;
- Work collaboratively with others;
- Exceptional listening, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential;
- Proactive and able to organize and prioritize with limited guidance; work independently or within teams, and meet deadlines;
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge;
- Continuous improvement mindset/orientation;
- Ability to work in high stress situations and under tight deadlines; and
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.