Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Development, the Corporate Development Analyst is responsible for providing support to the Corporate Development team. This would include providing assistance with conducting market and industry competitive research, analysis and financial modeling to support the strategic planning and decision making processes for potential acquisitions, developments, divestitures, venture capital, portfolio management and strategic opportunities.
- Build detailed financial models to evaluate potential acquisitions, developments, divestitures, venture capital, portfolio management, and strategic opportunities, post-closing monitoring of investments under various operating scenarios and evaluate impacts;
- Deliver insightful analyses of market opportunities and drive valuation and strategic analyses of opportunities;
- Provide analytical support and coordinate activities with respect to conducting due diligence on various opportunities;
- Create and manage models that deliver key insights on industry developments and trends to support the sourcing and evaluation of strategic partnerships, investments and acquisitions;
- Assist in development of corporate strategy materials;
- Assist in the research and/or analysis of ad-hoc requests;
- Build effective relationships with colleagues from across the organization;
- Develop and maintain exceptional business relationships with industry leaders in the marketplace;
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 0-2 years of experience in corporate development, investment banking, private equity, accounting and/or consulting
- Strong analytical skills, and fluency in performing financial, valuation and quantitative analyses in a partnership or M&A setting
- Ability to formulate insights around complex business problems
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office -particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to interpret financial statements and financial information
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; able to articulately present and debate recommendations
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, both internally and externally
- Proficiency working within a large scale, regulated operations environment
- High attention to detail, accuracy and presentation while delivering work in timely manner
- Ability to research topics effectively
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills and ability to work independently
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.