Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
Under the direction of the Director of Care or the Director of Health and Wellness, the Resident Care Manager is responsible for the planning, direction and evaluation of quality resident care in accordance with the Mission, Values and Pledge, various standards of practice, regulations and guidelines.
The Resident Care Manager ensures optimum delivery of care through effective human resource management, utilization of the nursing process and functioning as an integral member of the management team.
- Ensures resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are promoted;
- Assists nursing staff ensuring that initial / ongoing assessments and care plans are developed, implemented and reviewed;
- Assists with the recruiting / hiring and termination of nursing staff in consultation with the Director of Care;
- Assigns, supervises, and disciplines nursing staff;
- Schedules and replaces staff for all departments in absence of designated department head;
- Responsible for the management of care issues related to residents /family/advocates;
- Promotes and ensures interdisciplinary approach to resident care;
- Acts as a role model for nursing staff by demonstrating clinical expertise and comprehensive knowledge in the delivery of resident care;
- Provides ongoing staff development and education to improve or enhance the level of care / service provided to the residents;
- Knowledge / experience with MDS / Care Management systems;
- Responsible for overall supervision for entire building in absence of senior management;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in geriatrics, rehabilitation, or long term care at the supervisory and / or management level;
- Registered nurse with a current unrestricted license or eligible for registration with CRNM, CRPNM, BN preferred;
- Experience in managing in a multi-unionized environment;
- Experience with continuous quality improvement / risk management processes and person-centred care philosophy;
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has knowledge related to current and applicable Manitoba health legislation and standards, PPCO, workplace safety and health, knowledge / experience with MDS / Care Management systems;
- Demonstrated leadership ability with comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques as they relate to long term care.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.