Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the National Manager of Talent Sourcing and Partnerships, the Junior Recruiter (internally known as Talent Sourcing Associate) is responsible for developing and maintaining a pipeline of pre-screened frontline candidates through a variety of sourcing means within a defined geographic area. The Talent Sourcing Associate will proactively build professional relationships to source candidates and support campus placements. Areas of focus include developing creative and innovative sourcing strategies, building market intelligence and pipelining a high volume of pre-screened candidates.
- Use effective selection and talent identification techniques to ensure highest quality available candidates are pipelined and hired;
- Support and promote the Revera employer brand through sourcing, social media posting and attendance at job fairs and local community events;
- Provide superior service to hiring managers, as measured by SLAs and/or Hiring Manager Satisfaction surveys;
- Support campus placements for defined geography and identify opportunities to hire students post placement; Attend campus and community events and job fairs;
- Provide a personalized candidate experience that demonstrates Revera’s Employee Value Proposition (EVP) and generates referrals; and
- Contribute to the reduction of time to shortlist, worker overtime costs and agency staff usage through effective sourcing.
- Develop - Build and maintain credibility with hiring managers and candidates by understanding frontline jobs across the organization;
- Consult – Provide value added recruitment services including job posting techniques, sourcing tactics and positively promoting Revera through brand awareness strategies; Consult with our post-secondary partner Placement Officers, to identify upcoming opportunities and share future employment opportunities for students and graduates;
- Pipeline – Develop a pipeline of candidates in the applicant tracking system to expedite time to fill for high volume frontline hourly roles; Screen, interview and present top candidates to the hiring manager for interviews; Ensure all candidate activity is accurate and up-to-date to support sourcing, selection, reporting and talent planning;
- Sell – Promote our employer brand; Understand how to recruit passive candidates and understand their motivation; Align what we offer to their needs; Act as a brand ambassador to gain referrals and increase candidate interest;
- Measure – Benchmark Talent Acquisition commitments through key success measures, such as time to shortlist, candidate experience, and hiring manager satisfaction;
- Contribute – Build awareness, know-how, and capability of hiring managers by teaching them effective interviewing & selection techniques; Take on special projects that enhance process, systems, and capability.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- University Degree / College Diploma in Human Resources or equivalent;
- One (1) to two (2) years of sourcing experience in a high-volume staffing role;
- Demonstrated success in developing a talent pipeline, identifying top talent for high volume frontline roles;
- Internet Savvy; Experience driving candidate sourcing initiatives using search engines, deep-web Boolean searching, social networks, Job Search websites etc.
- Penchant for technology; internet savvy, proficiency with Microsoft Office and applicant tracking systems;
- Takes initiative in creating a variety of unique sourcing options to generate larger candidate pools;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that display professionalism and approachability;
- Focus on accuracy and high-quality work with a sense of urgency;
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislation governing recruitment activities;
- Strong self-initiative and time management skills;
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding work environment while remaining positive and focused; the thought of making your next hire excites you!
- Proven ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization;
- Results driven with a flare for analyzing and problem solving;
- Willingness and ability to travel locally.
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices, in a time sensitive environment.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.