Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services, the Dining Room Supervisor directs and supervises the activities of the dining room to provide a high level of service for our residents.
- Directs and supervises the activities of the dining room to provide a high level of service;
- Ensures shift routines are current, monitors work flow, evaluates performance and service delivery that is consistent with principles outlined in "The Main Course' and corporate standards, and makes changes as required to ensure the consistency in quality of service;
- Recruits and orients dining room wait staff, completes work schedules and authorizes leaves of absences;
- Provides job analysis and role functions for all dietary personnel within their scope of practices;
- Responsible for supervising, coaching, redirecting, and evaluating dining room staff performance to ensure a high level of productivity and the best use of staff capabilities, as well as to ensure that the objectives of the department are being met;
- Attempts to resolve personnel problems with staff and refers unresolved problems to Food Services;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of recognized course in Food & Beverage/Hospitality
- Completion of courses in service management, guest relations, service excellence, human resources or equivalent
- Completion of Safe Serve (Ontario) or equivalent
- Minimum of three years experience in hotel or restaurant fine dining service
- Ability to manage staff and resources
- Excellent human relations skills to handle diverse interactions with Residents, families and staff
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.