Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor, the Swing is a multi-task service person who is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of individual tenant suites, three houses of one wing and assigned common space. The Swing is responsible for the pick-up and delivery of meal service on a meal by meal and house by house basis; performs assigned tenant’s laundry daily; and promotes and encourages tenant’s participation. The Swing role provides break coverage for assigned houses. The Swing performs selected tasks that are within their knowledge and skill, under the director of their supervisor while adhering to regulatory and Revera’s standards, policies and procedures
- To clean Resident’s suites, assigned houses and common areas, including furniture, kitchen and washroom fixtures, walls, ceilings, lights, vents and windows;
- To clean areas according to assigned schedules using appropriate cleaning and sanitation methods and procedures;
- To operate floor care machines as required;
- To adhere to established residence policies and procedures, including safety rules and safe working practices;
- Ensures tenant suite and common area(s) are maintained in a safe, clean and comfortable condition, encouraging tenant participation as appropriate;
- Participates in the delivery and service of meals and snacks to tenants within a relaxed and pleasurable dining environment;
- Provides a safe environment for the tenants by ensuring adherence to workplace safety and health regulations as well as site policies and guidelines;
- To notify Housekeeping Supervisor of any concerns impacting tenant’s safety;
- Works collaboratively with supervisory/management staff;
- Performs other duties required;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to provide feedback on a day-to-day basis
- Knowledge and experience with standard institutional cleaning techniques
- Previous experience in commercial / residential/ Healthcare cleaning and laundry procedures is desirable
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.