This job posting is no longer active.
Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
YOU make a difference
If you want to feel like you are making a difference every day, you've come to the right place. Our residents are unique and special, and so are our employees. By working in our homes, you can help create memorable experiences for our seniors.
Revera’s person-centred approach offers security and peace of mind to both residents and family members. We believe we work in our residents’ homes, and care passionately about providing excellent care, with state-of-the art facilities and vibrant, welcoming communities. For many of us, providing care is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Ready to make a difference in someone’s life? As a Personal Support Worker, you will help us deliver the person-centred care Revera is renowned for. Reporting to the Director of Care, you will ensure the proper delivery of our services, including assisting with personal care, meal service and hygiene, to observing and reporting changes in physical or mental health and well-being. Whether social, emotional, psychological or physical, if it concerns our residents, it concerns YOU!
A typical day might include:
• Ensuring each resident receives care tailored to their needs, as determined by your supervisor;
• Fostering relationships with residents and families;
• Providing support and professional insights for both residents and their families;
• Helping residents meet their daily care needs and longer-term goals;
• Responding to residents’ questions and concerns with HEART: Hear, Empathize, Acknowledge, Respond, Thank.
What YOU bring
• Graduate of Personal Support Worker program (or provincial equivalent certificate program with completion of required theory and practicum hours)
• Strong oral communication, as well as time-management skills
• Tech savvy – having the ability to complete online documentation via iPhone/iPad
• Experience providing personal-care duties, including providing tasks such as lifting and transferring clients
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification recommended
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Check (VSC)
What we offer
• Technology to help you do your job better
• Benefits and Pension Package
• Better work life balance
• Vision to support Person Centered Care
Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people. Apply today!
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.