Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
YOU make a difference
If you want to feel like you are making a difference every day, you've come to the right place. Our residents are unique and special, and so are our employees. By working in our homes, you can help create memorable experiences for our seniors.
Revera’s person-centred approach offers security and peace of mind to both residents and family members. We believe we work in our residents’ homes, and care passionately about providing excellent care, with state-of-the art facilities and vibrant, welcoming communities. For many of us, providing care is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Are YOU ready to enrich lives? We are looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Care, your expertise and careful administration of resident care will help ensure we retain our reputation for delivering the best in person-centred care for seniors across Canada.
This role includes:
• Fostering relationships with residents and families to ensure plan of care is resident focused and carried out;
• Managing, evaluating, and facilitating residents’ plan of care through collaboration with the resident, family members and the interdisciplinary team;
• Participate in residents’ care conferences;
• Collaborating with the Director of Care in facilitating resident move-in and transfers;
• Ensure safe medication administration according to regulatory requirements and Revera’s policies and procedures, including delegating medical administration to Unregulated Care Providers such as Personal Support Workers or Health Care Aides;
• Complete Clinical Assessments that ensure appropriate resident care;
• Liaise with interdisciplinary team and external care providers to facilitate best plan of care for each resident;
• Lead and support Personal Support Workers and Health Care Aides in your home area to maximize resident care.
What YOU bring
• Current registration as a Registered Nurse in applicable Province
• Education and experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, community/complex/long term care an asset
• Experience working with seniors and unregulated care providers
• Strong assessment, documentation, communication and critical thinking skills
• Strong written, oral and time-management skills, including demonstrated experience delegating tasks to Personal Support Workers / Health Care Aides
• Proficiency with Technology including: Electronic Health Records, Electronic Medication Administration Records, Online Applications
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Check (VSC)
• Must be a Nurse (RN in good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario)
• Must complete the WCC 3M – 2-day Wound Care workshop (which is repeated every 2 years) or willing to be trained
• Knowledge of applicable policies and procedures including but not limited to infection prevention and control best practices with managing wounds
• You will be responsible for helping to manage the homes skin and wound program by completing at a minimum, once a week wound care days (audits, rounds, wound assessments, education, checking coding accuracy)
What we offer
• Support from your Regional and National teams
• State-of-the-art technology to help you do your job better
• Benefits and Pension Package
• Exceptional work/life balance
Ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people. Apply today!
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.