Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the Director, Data & Analytics, the Data Analytics Specialist is a key role in the support and execution of Revera’s advanced analytics strategy to unlock the value of data at Revera with the goal to innovate the aging experience. This is a key position, the deliverables of which are at high visibility to the larger Revera leadership team as Revera embarks upon leveraging data, advanced analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning to improve all aspects of its business. This includes but is not limited to improving quality, enhancing operational excellence, and enabling more effective decision making. This role will work closely with all business areas to provide expertise in design and implementation of reporting and analytics needs at Revera.
- Support Revera’s Advanced Analytics strategic projects by delivering on analytical and reporting needs;
- Validate assumptions, understand and articulate results as it relates to various business functions and help to develop appropriate insights from raw data resulting in strong development of advanced analytics for Revera supporting data driven decision-making;
- Support effective data management and governance strategy where internal and external sources of data are combined, enriched and connected with trusted data quality in place; and
- Contribute as the key resource for data analytics, model validation and data visualization for various ad-hoc requests or incremental analytics projects to support the business.
- Work with key business and technology stakeholders, data owners, product/process managers, application specialists to support and contribute to the detailed design and execution of Revera’s Advanced Analytics strategy;
- Work collaboratively with business partners, senior management, and functional areas to identify opportunities for data and analytics use cases and create business cases and action plan to address priority areas;
- Understand and communicate complex business concepts and solutions in a clear and concise manner;
- Design and implement innovative, robust data and analytics management practices and processes;
- Contribute, support, and improve on existing data architecture, master and meta data management, data governance and veracity related to key strategic priorities and programs;
- Contribute and support validation for data collection processes and reviews to ensure trustworthiness and accuracy of data;
- Contribute to building secure, accurate, and sustainable data warehouses to support analytic projects Advanced Analytics Strategic Projects;
- Build on existing applications to create and maintain executive dashboards for the purpose of various internally developed business intelligence or analytic projects;
- Respond to ad-hoc data analysis requests to support the business as required;
- Turn statistical and computational analysis into user-friendly graphs, charts, and animation. Enable those who aren’t professional data analysts to effectively interpret data;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- To complete all other tactical tasks as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, or Engineering, Data Science, Information Systems or another relevant field. Master’s degree preferred;
- 3+ years’ experience building BI visualizations report design in Tableau
- Experience in leveraging insights and opportunities from data and metrics when building analytics solutions;
- 3+ years’ experience in advanced SQL data extraction and manipulation tools;
- Strong programming skills with SQL, Python;
- Experience with cloud environments such as GCP and Big Query, Azure and Snowflake preferred;
- Technical expertise regarding different data models, database design and segmentation techniques;
- In depth data mining, data cleansing experience working with large relational databases;
- Superb analytical and conceptual thinking skills; to not only manipulate but also derive meaningful interpretations from data;
- Knowledge of predictive modelling, machine learning modelling and pattern recognition models is an asset;
- Ability to liaise with all levels across the enterprise on projects and ad-hoc requests;
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Strong detail orientation is essential in this role;
- A team player and self-starter;
- Highly organized and deadline driven;
- Participate as a strong, collaborative team player; and
- Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and crisis management.
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.