Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Manager of Taxation ensures accurate and timely completion of all tax compliance and quarterly provisions for financial statement reporting and consistently demonstrates attention to detail. The Manager of Taxation will recommend and implement process improvements to ensure the overall efficiency of the tax function. In addition, the Manager of Taxation will provide transaction support by conducting due diligence, identifying and mitigating risk, and overall structuring advice.
- Ensure compliance with corporate, partnership and trust taxation requirements;
- Manage the timely and accurate filing and reporting requirements;
- Work with VP of Taxation and Tax Director to manage Revera’s overall tax costs/recoveries initiatives;
- Identify and implement process efficiencies; and
- Contribute to Revera’s financial targets and growth objectives.
- Manage and review the quarterly tax provision computations and related note disclosures within the required deadlines;
- Oversee the accurate completion of corporate, partnership, trust, foreign reporting and sales tax returns on a timely basis and maintain complete file documentation;
- Assist in the tax research and planning assignments incorporating tax laws of Canada, US and the United Kingdom;
- Conduct tax due diligence as part of acquisitions including identifying risk and overall tax structuring advice;
- Analysis and documentation of tax treatment of completed and proposed transactions;
- Identify and implement efficient process improvements with strong controls and manage documentation;
- Ensure compliance with Canadian transfer pricing requirements by coordinating the gathering of information and working with external advisors;
- Facilitation and management of inquiries and audits from tax authorities;
- To supervise the taxation team members and provide mentoring, training and development on all substantive and tax technical matters;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Professional accounting designation (CPA or equivalent designation) and 5 to 8 years practical taxation experience required;
- Completion of or working towards the CICA in-depth taxation course;
- Extensive experience with filing Canadian corporate, partnership and trust returns;
- Commodity taxation experience is an asset;
- Strong knowledge of GAAP/IFRS required;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet skills;
- Enjoys problem solving and new challenges;
- Ability to work independently;
- Enthusiasm for change;
- High standard of integrity;
- Positive attitude with a "can do" approach to customer service;
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.