Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
The Vice President Operations will oversee all Retirement Living (RET) Operations within their area of responsibility (“District”). This role provides a significant leadership presence for the Support Office and leadership, direction, and support to Regional Directors of Operations, to ensure that the objectives of the division are achieved.
- Divisional leadership decisions are made, with engaged discussions and supportive collaboration across functional business areas
- District staff members, especially RDOs, are effectively led and fully engaged.
- Positive Resident Satisfaction / Customer Experience (CX) targets are achieved or exceeded across the district.
- Resident safety and Health & Wellness is optimized and identified Quality indicators meet or exceed targets.
- Occupancy targets are met or exceeded.
- Revenue budget targets are met or exceeded.
- NOI meets or exceeds budget.
- Capital is managed and executed within plan
- Revera standard operational processes and brand standards are effectively implemented and maintained.
- A deep bench of talent is identified and developed for critical roles within the district.
- Revera’s desired culture and reputation is promoted and maintained.
- Assist in the establishment and achievement of divisional short-term and long-term strategic plans and objectives.
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to assigned Regional Directors of Operations.
- Maintain significant Support Office leadership engagement as a member of the Revera Leadership Team
- Participate in the development of, management, and achievement of the annual operating and capital budgets.
- Working through RDOs, ensure that sales resources are properly hired, trained, and managed so that occupancy and revenue goals are achieved.
- Effectively collaborate with Strategic Operations, providing input into SOPs and executing SOPs that are implemented.
- Effectively collaborate with PMO and Strategic Operations in the transition of new builds and acquisitions to normal operations.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments to optimize operational excellence, sustainable practices and value creation across the district and the division.
- Ensure that plans are developed and executed to meet or exceed targeted levels of positive resident satisfaction and customer experience; be a role model for customer experience.
- Ensure that plans are developed and executed to meet or exceed targeted levels of positive employee engagement and employee experience across the district; be a role model for engaging leadership.
- Ensure the efficient management of site level labour.
- Ensure optimally positive labour relations and broad compliance with collective agreements.
- Contribute to the overall growth and development of the business by ensuring that there is a continuous improvement mind-set in the district.
- Work closely with asset management on the execution of approved capital deployment business plans.
- Effectively champion and lead positive change within the division and the district
- Expertly communicate and articulating the vision for the division and company as a whole.
- Ensure clarity, understanding and commitment from all stakeholders regarding business priorities.
- Actively manage talent through development activities, succession planning and talent assessment.
- Participate as required in all labour / collective agreement meetings.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Be a role model for living Revera’s values and supporting Revera’s desired culture.
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct.
- Perform additional assignments as required.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree; MBA is considered an asset. (or equivalent)
- Minimum of five (5) and preferably ten (10) years multi-site management experience in seniors care, congregate living, hospitality, or multi-unit housing industry.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to a variety of situations, to determine objectives and develop, implement, and monitor effective plans for improvement.
- Ability to deal tactfully with support office teams, Regional Directors of Operations, residents, visitors, government agencies, public, industry associations and community stakeholder groups.
- Proven track record to lead and inspire teams, organize, and prioritize work and manage multiple demands.
- Demonstrated experience in operations, property management, hospitality services, business acumen and finance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills and presence
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and contact management software; and
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.