Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Reporting to the Manager of Corporate Accounting, the Corporate Accountant will be responsible for providing accurate and timely accounting and reporting, while ensuring that the company’s policies are being followed. The Corporate Accountant will assist in transactions affecting financial accounts such as: Cash, Long Term Debt, Long Term Receivables, Investments, Related Party transactions, Intercompany transactions, Compensation accruals, Insurance premiums/liabilities/claims, G&A expenses and Corporate cost allocations.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, self-motivated and possess a high attention to detail while still being able to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. This position requires a team player who will be able to support their team towards the overall successful achievement of team goals.
- Achieve established timelines for accounting and reporting periods with accuracy and completeness for areas of responsibility;
- Support organizational needs for information with efficiency and effectiveness of delivery;
- Support organizational changes (capital structure, acquisitions, dispositions, Joint Ventures) in an effective and efficient manner;
- Comply with controls over accounting processes;
- Perform accurate accounting for transactions as related to corporate cost centres and managed property operations;
- Perform Balance Sheet account reconciliations as assigned for various financial consolidations and investigate and correct any discrepancies
- Contribute to quarterly financial statement notes/disclosures;
- Collaborate with other departments to maintain awareness of issues and expedite resolutions;
- Assist with internal and external audits for various consolidations;
- Perform special projects, ad-hoc analysis and prepare reports as required;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned, and;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting; CPA designation (or pursuing) is an asset
- 3+ years of related work experience and good understanding of financial statements
- Experience with large scale enterprise reporting systems, Workday knowledge an asset
- Advanced excel skills for working with large volumes of data
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with preparation of audit working papers
- Ability to interpret both financial reports and legal documents
- Solid analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Effective problem solving, critical thinking and influential skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to build relationships across the organization
- Result and task oriented to meet required timelines with quality results
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and demonstrate agility during times of change
- Desire to learn more and demonstrate willingness to support the team on a daily basis
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.