Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
The Tenant Companion is a multi-functional worker who provides support and supervision to individuals in Supportive Housing, promoting independence, dignity and self-esteem within a safe and secure environment. The Tenant Companion supports tenants through cueing, reminders and assistance with a variety of everyday tasks. The Tenant Companion encourages and supports social and leisure activities helping to keep tenants active, happy and engaged.
- Provides cueing, direction and assistance as needed with personal supports, hygiene and safe ambulation on a daily basis;
- Provides medication reminders from pre-measured, pre-packaged medication and assist with non-prescription medications as per site protocol;
- Ensures tenant suite and common area(s) are maintained in a safe, clean and comfortable condition, encouraging tenant participation as appropriate;
- To orientate tenants move in and internal transfers where applicable; using a warm and welcoming approach;
- Conducts and encourages meaningful social and recreational activities, respecting individual choice;
- Provides a safe environment for the tenants by ensuring adherence to workplace safety and health regulations as well as site policies and guidelines;
- Participates in the delivery and service of meals and snacks to tenants within a relaxed and pleasurable dining environment
- Works collaboratively with supervisory/management staff;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Preference will be given to applicants currently employed as a Tenant Companion
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Life and work experience in a relevant area, caring for the elderly preferred
- Ability to work independently in a home setting and to function as a team member
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload; to recognize and pursue self-development
- English fluency in both written and verbal communication
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.