This job posting is no longer active.
Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Reporting to the National Director of Clinical Support, the Manager of Clinical Support, as part of the Clinical Competency Team, is responsible for the competency and capacity building of our Regional Manager of Clinical Services and Registered Nursing Team in our homes. Additionally, they help build and support all aspects of the Nursing/Clinical Programs within the homes, as well as the development and implementation of policies/programs related to clinical services.
Please note, location is flexible. This will be a remote position long-term.
- Competency - To build and maintain competency and capacity of the RMCS and site level Registered Nursing Staff (including RN, LPN, RPN)Orientation & Onboarding;
- Develop Registered Staff, DOC and RMCS Orientation;
- Support RMCS and homes with implementation and delivery of Reg Staff/ DOC/RMCS Orientation;
- Provide RMCS Onboarding as required;
- Support Clinical Nursing Managers with Onboarding process;
- Education & Staff Development needs;
- Develop and deliver Clinical Simulation labs alongside the RMCS to ensure capacity is developed across all regional clinicians;
- Develop policy and education and support delivery of all Clinical Programs;
- Develop and deliver supporting education for front line nursing teams via: NURSEtalks/PEPtalks, Roadshows, Clinical Rounds, Community of Practices;
- Work in collaboration with the National Regional Teams to help implement and drive the Guiding Principles;
Innovation - Assist with, promote and lead clinical innovation pilots;
- Quality & Risk Management - To promote a culture of improvement and support the homes and regions in monitoring and improving quality of care provided to the residents;
- Review, trend and analyze to determine support on: Ministry Inspection Findings, Adverse Event Indicators, and Performance Indicators;
- Quality Reviews - Conduct quality review based on outcomes as directed by RDO;
- Provide regional clinical support as needed to meet the operational needs as directed;
- External/Legislative Requirement - To be well-informed and up to date on external/legislative requirements, communicate nationally and support the homes in meeting the requirements;
- Partner with Professional bodies to help support clinical expertise;
- RN/BScN with continuing education in gerontology, nursing administration, rehabilitation, long term care or equivalent
- Masters of Nursing or Nurse Practitioner preferred
- Strong Clinical Skills and knowledge base in our key Clinical programs: Skin & Wound, Infection Control, Pain, Continence, Medication Management
- Proficient in education delivery
- Demonstrates strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Registered Nurse with current registration with the Provincial licensing body
- Minimum five (5) years combined experience in a long term care setting at the senior management level
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset
- Able to travel as required and in possession of a valid driver's license
- Knowledge of RAI-MDS; previous experience in teaching RAI process
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office applications)
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.