Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
• Live our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
• Lend a helping hand
• Cultivate relationships with staff, residents and families
• Lead with H.E.A.R.T. (hear, empathize, acknowledge, respond, thank)
• Identifies the educational and training needs in the facility to ensure quality of care
• Designs, develops and coordinates the delivery of Staff Development Programs to
meet these needs;
• Ensures good resident outcome and satisfaction through training needs of staff;
• Develops general orientation and ongoing educational programs based on learning
needs of staff;
• Communicates the planned program to encourage participation, involvement and
• Provides programs to enhance the working life and increase knowledge and esteem
of the staff;
• Evaluates the effectiveness and quality of Staff Development Program against
appropriate objectives and standards;
• Receives feedback from staff and department heads on training programs;
• Monitors new technology, trends in the delivery of each service and ensures staff
are trained appropriately;
• Role Profile Approved by: Date:
• Maintains staff attendance in-service records and quality management activities for
• Is knowledgeable of the Resident Bill of Rights / Governing Principles and
endeavours to promote it;
• Establishes adequate resource material on health related books, for nutrition,
activation and environmental departments;
• Performs clinical teaching sessions on the units as needed;
• Participates in QE / RM meetings;
• Responsible for teaching health and safety issues such as WHMIS, lifts and
transfers and back care in consultation with the Cambridge Head Office and the
Health & Safety Consultant;
• Responsible to carry out legislated duties for health and safety as per the
certification training program;
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
• Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with current registration
with the Provincial Licensing Body;
• Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), or other healthcare
disciplines with Diploma in Gerontology, Nursing Administration, Rehabilitation,
Long Term Care, or the equivalent;
• Completion or working towards a course in adult education at the community
college level is considered an asset;
• Must possess good written and oral communication skills;
• Good motivational and time management skills, good inter-departmental
communications and leadership skills are necessary;
• Good working attitude and team building skills are a must;
• The successful incumbent will be the management certified Health and Safety
• Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
• Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Revera Core Competencies:
• Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver
high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
• Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and
implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
• Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams
by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of
self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and
• Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible
quality of care, service and choices.
• Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues
implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
• Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative
solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
• Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and
works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.