Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for overseeing and managing engagement projects and maintaining the highest Internal Audit standards in the planning, execution, and reporting of information.
- Execute annual Internal Audit Plan;
- Ensure ongoing remediation follow up for audits are completed; and
- Ensure self-assessment of Department Conformance with IIA Standards.
- Oversee and manage engagement projects, maintaining the highest Internal Audit standards in the planning, execution, and reporting of information;
- Implement audit plans and ensure effective audit practices for traditional and continuous audits;
- Participate in confidential / special audit projects as requested by senior management or the Board;
- Ensure appropriate working paper evidence is maintained;
- Lead and execute audit engagements across Revera's network of properties;
- Evaluate all areas of risk to ensure controls have kept pace with the latest developments in the business, and are appropriately supported, well-documented and fully adhered to;
- Evaluate the system of internal controls and risk control procedures across Revera;
- Earn the audit client's respect for knowledge applied and professional approach;
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with the audit client, both orally and written;
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders;
- Assist business management to develop appropriate action plans to address identified deficiencies, and ensure corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner to effectively address the issue;
- Identify and recommend efficiency opportunities within the business;
- Uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct; and
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Professional designation is preferred: CPA and / or other relevant accounting designation;
- Minimum five (5) years experience in Internal Audit or a combination of Internal and External audit;
- Knowledge of IFRS;
- Strong knowledge of auditing principles and techniques;
- Ability to make complex ideas or situations clear, simple and / or understandable and continuously seek to understand the underlying needs of the auditee and adapt approach to different circumstances;
- Effective time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills to meet tight timeframes as well as the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with limited direction;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, writing, communication, networking, computer, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to concentrate and remain focused in a time-pressured environment with tight deadlines due to quarter end deliverables;
- The role will require 30 - 35% travel; and
- A valid driver’s license and passport are required.
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals, and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals, and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service, and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops, and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency, and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.