Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
At Revera, long term care is all about helping our residents live life to the fullest extent possible by supporting their health and well-being. We care passionately about providing excellent care and service to all those we serve. We nurture friendships, offer security and peace of mind, and create vibrant, rewarding communities. We believe we work in our residents' homes, and strive every day to help them feel comfortable through our person-centred approach. Long term care is a special place to work and for many of us -a calling.
Join us as a leader to oversee and manage the environmental services department in our Long Term Care home. With your technical expertise, you will take a proactive approach to ongoing maintenance, and optimization of building equipment. Your passion for building trusted relationships and engaging a team of environmental services professionals will ensure we are able to provide an optimal quality of life to our residents.
In this role you will be focused on:
- Achieving Resident & Family Satisfaction and Employee Engagement targets
- Ensuring that Health & Safety risks to residents, employees and the general public are minimized or eliminated
- Ensuring that installed equipment is maintained in working order or serviced as required
- Ensuring that capital spend and department budget are within established guidelines
What You Will Do:
Collaborate - Work with the Executive Director and leadership team to maximize resident satisfaction
Manage - Hire, train and engage a team of environmental services staff to deliver quality service to our residents
Comply - Maintain environmental services in compliance with regulations and company policies and processes
Lend a Helping Hand - Take a hands-on approach to leading, mentoring, and helping the environmental services team as required
Cultivate - Build and maintain strong relationships with the residents, employees, managers, regional team and vendor partners
Respond with HEART - Hear, Empathize, Acknowledge, Respond, Thank
What You Bring:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field or equivalent is required
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a managerial or supervisor capacity in the area of environmental services/maintenance in a unionized environment
- Must be enrolled or willing to enroll in the Property Admin Certificate (PAC) program
- Knowledge of building systems including basic plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC and emergency systems
- Knowledge and experience related to evidence-based practices associated with housekeeping, laundry and maintenance with a strong ability to manage a budget and financial spend
- Values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence and a passion to work with seniors
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
What We Offer:
- Support from your Regional and National Team
- Technology to help you do your job better
- Benefits and Pension Package
- Better work life balance
- Vision to support Person Centered Care
What are you waiting for?
Join us in celebrating the ageless spirit of people through service and innovation.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.