Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Chaplain is responsible for providing a variety of services to ensure the spiritual and religious needs of the Residents are met.
- To assist in the development of goals and objectives and policies and procedures for the pastoral care services;
- To ensure pastoral care services are delivered in a manner that is keeping with the resident's needs and expectations;
- To monitor, evaluate and continuously improve the quality of pastoral care services provided;
- To ensure that services are delivered in a manner that respects choice, consent and customer satisfaction;
- To coordinate, select, orient, and evaluate other pastoral service providers for the facility;
- To act as a resource for education, counseling, and advocacy to residents, families, and staff;
- To question, contribute, and give advice on ethical issues of the home, residents, or staff;
- To assess the spiritual and religious needs of each resident which in turn will form the framework for the services offered;
- To incorporate the following services for residents: Ecumenical church services, Communion, Denominational services by clergy from specific faith, Non-denominational memorial service for residents, family, staff and volunteers, Ministerial visiting program, Prayer group, Reading or study groups, Special services for residents with cognitive impairments, Spiritual counseling, Off site religious / spiritual outings, Celebration of festivals and holy days for all faiths represented, Community worship within the facility;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Completion of post secondary education
- Post graduate education relevant to spiritual and religious care
- Endorsement by the multi-faith Council for Spiritual and Religious Care
- 3 to 5 years experience with seniors
- Trained or experienced in multi-faith programming
- Second language consistent with the resident population is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.