Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Resident Services Coordinator/Staff Educator is responsible for liaising with Residents and Families during the admission process and annually thereafter. This role is also responsible for overall required Staff Education for all staff of long term care home.
- Live our values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence
- Lend a helping hand
- Cultivate relationships with staff, residents and families
- Lead with H.E.A.R.T. (hear, empathize, acknowledge, respond, thank)
- Liaises with Residents, families, and outside agencies
- Ensures that all appropriate contacts, including area physicians, are established and maintained within the community in-order to maximize the availability of potential residents and to obtain feedback with regard to the services required
- Ensures Residents and/or families are provided with all pertinent information including tours of the facility, admission and discharge processes, and regular communication, including care conferences between families and the home leadership.
- May be asked to develop workshops for residents, families and staff in co-operation with other leadership staff
- Develop and provide Annual Education Schedules and programs including New Hire Orientation, Mandatory Annual Education and other required education
- Will maintain the education files of employees ensuring all mandatory regulatory education expectations are met
- General office support may also be required
- There will be a required On-call component
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Community college level courses or equivalent preferably in healthcare or social services discipline
- Certification and/or experience in Adult Education is considered an asset
- Previous experience in broader healthcare or social services setting an asset
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence in handling stressful and demanding situations
- Must have experience in Microsoft Word, Windows & Excel along with other general computer applications
- Proficiency in a second language is an asset
- Knowledge of Point Click Care,
- Proven ability to close sales and experience in working effectively with seniors in a health care environment
- Marketing experience would be a great asset
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS)
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.