Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Reporting to the VP - Finance, the Director – Planning & Operations Support (Head of Business Performance & Analysis for the Retirement Division) will manage a team of professionals to improve the financial decision-making of the client operating Division at the site, region, and division level. Support is provided through reporting, analysis, modeling and recommendations.
- Financial results (P&L, Capital, Cashflow) and drivers are well understood by client business leaders at all levels
- Forward looking insights are produced and offered for actioning by operations
- Financial reporting is consistent, accurate and timely
- Budget planning, forecasting and other financial decisions are driven by data
- Client Division meets financial goals
- Team is high-functioning and engaged
- Client meets or exceeds budgeted financial performance at regional levels
- Pillars of Regional Support, Decision Support and Revenue Management are functioning at a high-level and are integrated within Operations and Support Office functions
- Department budget spend is not exceeded
- Leads a team of professionals to work with Operations Clients (ED, RDO, VPOs and SVPs) to achieve budgeted financial results
- Supports Operations with monthly reporting and variance analysis of actual to budget, prior period, business plan, forecast, and/or strategic plan
- Supports day to day business decision making of designated stakeholders
- Develops ROI analysis for organization specific initiatives
- Reviews, analyzes, critiques and/or develops business cases and pro forma financials for new organization services that incorporate financial modeling
- Leads and coordinates the budget and forecast process by assisting with modeling of initiatives and the impact on “base case” financial and operational metrics
- Reviews and analyzes appraisals and business plans and contribute to value creation
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Upholds and promotes the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Accounting or Finance; MBA is an asset
- 5 plus years of related Finance experience, preferably in the Retirement industry
- Experience in the healthcare / hospitality industry & knowledge of regulatory standards is an asset
- Strong analytical skills with ability to make sound financial recommendations
- Experience in business case and data analysis for decision support
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills.
- Experience evaluating corporate performance data including internal and external benchmarking
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence tools
- Project management and planning skills an asset
- Experience in leading a geographically dispersed team is an asset
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.