Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Reporting to the Environmental Services Manager, the Building Services Engineer is responsible for ensuring the safety and security within the facility. Areas of responsibility include but not limited to painting, wall repair, minor plumbing, lighting, door repair, fire and safety planning and training, and address any safety concern in a timely manner. In addition, preventative maintenance, grounds management, equipment and machinery maintenance programs, waste management, resident safety and security and environmental sustainability.
- Resident Satisfaction for identified Environmental Services elements meets or exceeds targets
- Standard Environmental Services programs are consistently executed
- Standardized Building Safety Engineer onboarding program is executed
- Only qualified and capable applicants are appointed
- Under the guidance of Environmental Services Manager - support and sustain standard programs and initiatives in area of responsibility including the following:
- Building Preventative Maintenance activities;
- Mechanical/electrical systems, HVAC, fire systems, nurse call, roof anchors and other safety systems and elevators;
- Groundskeeping Services, including seasonal maintenance, scheduling and equipment specifications standards;
- Maintenance and monitoring of the buildings structural condition.
- Implementation and maintains of policies and procedures as they relate to emergency preparedness, fire safety and loss prevention
- Assist in the implementation of the Environmental Services program for acquisitions, redevelopments and new build properties;
- Ensure standards to drive operational / productivity improvement and follow policies and procedures;
- Support sites in cost control as it relates to repairs & maintenance and energy management through best practices, contractor management and standard preventive maintenance agreements;
- Engage with cross functional teams from both divisions, and other support functions such as Occupational Health & Safety to ensure all programs are coordinated and respect our various policies for OH&S, infection control, regulatory standards, etc.;
- Remain up to date on; Building Codes, Technical Safety Standards Association Guidelines, Canadian Standards Association Guidelines, changes to relevant legislation and regulations and Environmental Management Systems Standards., etc.;
- Foster trust, teamwork and provide expertise and support to ESMs in the LTC homes and RET communities, to drive high levels of resident and employee satisfaction;
- To drive a culture of compliance, accountability and drive performance through staff engagement and effective communication;
- Stay current on best practices and industry standards, for example by maintaining relationships with industry partners and associations as applicable;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in building systems, property management or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of three to five years (3-5) of environmental services experience in Retirement and or Long Term Care;
- Experience in Environmental Service functions, property management, building systems, field operations or project management is mandatory;
- knowledge in building services, mechanics, equipment and major components;
- Experience in reading technical drawings and schematics;
- Previous experience in a leadership position within Retirement or Long-Term Care is an asset;
- Understanding of working in a unionized environment;
- Strong change management skills and demonstrated ability to influence the efforts and behaviors of others in order to achieve desired results;
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse, collaborative, and cross functional team-oriented culture;
- Ability to read and understand data from reports and audits to monitor trends, identify, problems and their root causes, and make recommendations for improvement;
- Light physical effort at residence level; roof tops, elevator rooms, boiler rooms, restricted space, etc.;
- Ability to plan, organize, implement and evaluate systems;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Self-starter and independent worker able to manage multiple priorities and demands;
- Innovative and receptive to alternative solutions;
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving and people management skills;
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office applications);
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal and presentation abilities);
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset;
- Must pass a Vulnerable Sector Check including Criminal Background Check
Revera Core Competencies:
- Accountability: Takes ownership and holds self and others accountable to deliver high quality, timely and cost-effective results.
- Business Acumen: Understands financial and operational aspects and implications that are essential to achieve superior business results.
- Coaching & Developing Talent: Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development. Building capability of self, individuals and teams by engaging in feedback, coaching, learning and development.
- Customer Focus: Keeping the customer in mind to deliver the highest possible quality of care, service and choices.
- Execution Excellence: Optimizes available resources and pursues implementation to consistently achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative Thinking: Identifies, develops and implements new and innovative solutions to enhance opportunity, efficiency and quality.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: Inspires and fosters a team environment and works collaboratively to achieve business goals and objectives.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.