Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
Reporting to the Manager of Investment Accounting, the Investment Accountant is responsible for being the primary point of contact for Revera's investees and liaison with internal accounting teams, recording and maintaining investment accounts, performing reconciliations of investment accounts, and coordinating with other finance departments.
- To act as the primary point of contact for Revera's investees, liaison with internal accounting teams, and remain familiar with the organizational structure;
- To assist with performing reconciliations of investment accounts (including equity-accounted investments) and the financial statements of Revera's investees;
- To support internal Revera Finance teams in data requests;
- To assist with providing project support for significant acquisitions and dispositions that involve investment accounting;
- To assist with review and analysis of monthly general ledger uploads;
- To create and maintain mapping files from the investee's chart of accounts to Revera's chart of accounts;
- To be available for ad-hoc requests and to complete all other tasks as assigned; and
- To uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct.
- CPA designation or in pursuit of designation
- Experience in application and interpretation of accounting standards IFRS preferred (ASPE, US GAAP is a plus)
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel with intermediate levels required in other MS Office applications
- Strong organizational skills, detail orientated with proven capability to contribute to varied projects, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Willingness to work extended hours to meet reporting requirements
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting with real estate and/or health care is preferred
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.