Revera is a leading owner, operator and investor in the senior living sector. We offer seniors’ apartments, independent living, assisted living, memory care and long term care. We understand how to create the best experience for people living in a Revera home. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to live a life of purpose, and we create environments that make that possible.
Our mission is to celebrate the human spirit in every way possible – and that applies to both our residents and our employees. There’s a lot that goes into being a member of our team – and there’s a lot that you’ll get out of the experience too. We go the extra mile to ensure that each member of our staff feels safe, secure, enriched and empowered in their role. So that everyone under our roof is given the opportunity to thrive, grow and make the most of every day.
• Supervise staff on duty and ensure that quality service and the needs of residents are being met;
• Answer and respond to emergency response system;
• Laundry and cleaning as required throughout your shift;
• Maintain a good relationship with residents, and their families;
• Assist in adhering to the staffing schedules, if the department manager is not present call staff in order of seniority as per call the call out book;
• Review communication book and add pertinent information from your shift;
• Assist with training of all employees in accordance with company policies and training programs;
• Communicate resident's needs with applicable staff at change of shift or as needed;
• Lead by example and encourage teamwork and provide assistance to all staff;
• Check for meal reservations and residents out of the building as well as resident wellness checks @ all meals;
• Report any staff injuries to Revera Health and Safety and to the Executive Director;
• Daily activities in the absence of the Activity Coordinator;
• Complete task sheet and required reports;
• Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Credentials and Experience:
• Must have a current First Aid/CPR Certificate;
• Food Handler’s Course is considered an asset;
• Must be able to deal with exposure to dust during performance of duties and work safely with cleaning compounds;
• Some lifting will be required;
• Pushing/pulling, using wheeled equipment such as carts, trolleys, as an essential Job function;
• Stretching/reaching on a regular frequency throughout shift;
• Walking, with the possibility some upstairs walking, up to 3 hours maximum as an essential job function;
• Standing for lengths of time, up to 3 hours maximum as an essential Job function;
Role Profile Approved by: Date:
• Bending/stooping on a regular frequency throughout the shift, as an essential job function;
• Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (inducing a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.
Please Note: If you are a current employee of Revera and have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, please apply to this job via the Workday application.