Revera owns and operates retirement residences and long term care homes in the senior living sector.
Purpose. Passion. People.
We are purpose driven. We are passionate. We are connected. We are truly out to live our best lives, as we come together to help others live theirs. Join our team today and build your career with us.
The Duty Manager will direct operations in the Executive Director’s and Assistant Executive Director’s absence in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
- Supervise staff on duty and ensure that quality service and the needs of residents are being met;
- Answer and respond to emergency response system;
- Ensure dining room operations are running smoothly during the course of your shift.
- Assist with dining service (coffee, tea, cleaning, table set up etc. as needed);
- Ensure dining room is cleaned after each meal service and reset;
- Ensure kitchen staff has stocked Coffee Bistro for resident use;
- Laundry and cleaning as required throughout your shift;
- Maintain a good relationship with residents, and their families;
- Assist in adhering to the staffing schedules. If the department manager is not present, call staff as per call sheet to pick up missing shifts;
- Review communication book and add pertinent information from your shift;
- Assist with training of all employees in accordance with company policies and training programs;
- Communicate resident’s needs with applicable staff at change of shift or as needed;
- Lead by example and encourage teamwork and provide assistance to all staff;
- Check for meal reservations and resident out of the building as well as take resident attendance at meals;
- Report any staff injuries to the Executive Director;
- Daily activities in the absence of the Activity Coordinator;
- Complete task sheet and required reports;
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to deal with exposure to dust during performance of duties and work safely with cleaning compounds
- Lifting alone, maximum of 40 lbs (5-25 lbs usual) as an essential job function
- Pushing/pulling, using wheeled equipment such as carts, trolleys, as an essential job function
- Stretching/reaching on a regular frequency throughout shift
- Walking, with the possibility some upstairs walking, up to 3 hours maximum as an essential job function
- Standing for lengths of time, up to 3 hours maximum as an essential job function
- Bending/stooping on a regular frequency throughout the shift, as an essential job function
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one
Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that many of our staff are already vaccinated, vaccination will be a condition of employment for new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. The vaccine must be a two-dose COVID-19 vaccination series approved by Health Canada. This is one more important step to protect both our residents and staff as we continue to battle this deadly virus.
Revera is committed to ensuring that all employment practices are inclusive. As an organization we are committed to providing and arranging accommodation for candidates upon request.